Welcome to our blog following the birth and raising of Hexe's litter. Updates will follow weekly.

**Hexe's pups are all spoken for**

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another puppy update

A quick update for those that are watching this page.  Pups are here, a very modest litter of five, six were actually born but one of the girls was stillborn.  Very sad, but, it does happen on occasion.  Anyhow, I am exhausted, Hexe is a bit unsettled, unfortunately she was very aware that one of her pups was whisked away from her after birth, she is worrying over her little family.  She will settle in, but, I do think I will be up and down a lot tonight.  Mick already had to redirect her from leaving the box with a pup (hidden) in her mouth.  I think she would like to transfer them all to the little space between the back of her nursery box and the wall/dresser.  Yes folks it will be another long night. 
I will be in touch with folks on the waiting list within the next day or two, bear with me, we have less pups then I had anticipated, and the gender breakdown and colour was totally different then what Hexe has delivered in the past.  Schnauzers, anything but predictable.

2 comments:

Laura Baillie said...

Those little ears and tiny nose are just adorable, such a sweet picture. Thank you for the update, it's been quite a day; hopefully Hexe and her pups can get some rest (and you too Lori!)
Again, thank you for all your updates this weekend, it's been very exciting to watch the events unfold!

Laura & Graham
Toronto

Anonymous said...

It just breaks my heart that we lost one girl at birth. I hope Hexe and Lori are doing well. Looking forward to more updates and can't wait for that important call from Lori :)

Gabi